Monday, March 7, 2011

Sweat the Sweet Details: Spring is Springing


News just in from family in Connecticut . . .  the spring thaw is happening. Kids from all over New England will have eaten their last snowball.


My mom, donning her sidekick camera, will have to shelve her woolens. Thank God the hunters didn't mistake her for a bear on one of her daily winter photojournalist walks!



The first spring flowers to bloom up North are the daffodils and crocuses.
Sweet memories of these flowers randomly blooming in patches of lawns and woods propels me to run and check my Home Depot credit account to see if it will permit Casey and I to grab an enormous ride-on cart and fill it to the brim with delicious Zone 7 spring blooms.

My nails looked too good anyway. I swear that I have manually rottotilled my garden with my bare hands. I think my mother, sisters and I were purposely born with square feet so that we could get a strong foothold in the garden, allowing us to squat, bend, weed, plant, and water for hours. Despite my years of nicknaming our feet, grape-stompers, we all garden faithfully and competitively.  Damn my mother for sending me photos of her hillside of hostas and my sisters for their perfect rows of tulips. They can't match my dew drop tree canopy around my pool!  All of us love wine, but we never owned a vineyard and the closest we came to stomping grapes was watching the I Love Lucy episode where she and Ethel stomp grapes in a barrel.  So garden-stomping square feet is a more accurate label for our tootsies.

My love for Spring flowers has inspired us to create beautiful Spring Ribbons for our store customers to beautify and personalize Easter Baskets. When I say "us," I really mean our ribbon creator, "Ribbon Queen" Kristin. I merely ordered some of the ribbon from Denmark.


Kristin's tireless manicured hands lovingly and painstakingly create our beautiful Spring Ribbons. They are available in a variety of colorways and they can bear your childrens' names. The Spring Ribbons will tie onto baskets and they will also have a pin back so you can pin them on a frame or hat. Each Ribbon is unique. Have a look:




When you love doing something, you don't mind sweating the sweet details. Just ask our Ribbon Queen. 

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely right! Oh, and now that I know you have such a green thumb, you'll have to doctor-up Honey Bunny's herbs...although, a toadstool wind-catcher might be the perfect cure!

    ReplyDelete